The New Normal: a COVID-19 Update
The health and safety of my clients and staff are of utmost importance as I begin re-opening for photography commissions. Here’s how I’m going to ensure a safe working environment.
Pre-Production: Planning a Safe Environment
- During the bidding process, we will work with you to develop a plan to mitigate the risks of COVID-19 on set.
- Additional paperwork regarding COVID-19 liability will be required. This is to protect all parties from liabilities in case an unknown transmission occurs while working together.
- Everyone connected to the shoot will be asked to complete a Health Screening Checklist prior to our scheduled shoot. The shoot will be rescheduled, without fee, in the case anyone self-identifies as a potential risk.
The Shoot: Working Together
- Physical distancing and reduced direct contact, as recommended by the CDC, will be maintained.
- There will be a reduced number of people on set. Essential staff only.
- We will offer the ability for art direction and client approvals via video conferencing.
- All equipment will be thoroughly sanitized between clients.
- The Photographer and staff will be required to wear a cloth mask. Models not being photographed will be asked to wear a mask, as appropriate.
- PPE such as hand sanitizer, wipes, and extra masks will be available. For larger projects, a COVID-19 Compliance Officer will be considered.
Post Production: Proofing + Delivery
- If anyone on set during the shoot develops symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19 within 14 days after the shoot, they must contact me. While all health information will remain anonymous and confidential, it is essential to notify participants of their possible exposure.
- Proofing and final approvals of images will be completed through on-line photo galleries, email and video calls.